|Published||May 7, 2022|
Experis' Client is currently seeking a Scrum Master for their customer in the Banking industry.
Title: Scrum Master
Location: Alpharetta, GA (Hybrid model, 2x a week in office)
Wealth Management Technology
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join the Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology group which is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office.
Technology Delivery Management Profile
The Technology Delivery Management team is responsible for program management, project management and leading execution for various initiatives within MSWM. The team leads critical management efforts related to the complete lifecycle of the programs and projects. The team is well structured with right mapping of projects teams supporting multiple PAG's. The team closely interacts with the business to work on the project plan, determine the scope, secure the related funding, and work closely with the development teams to execute and deliver the projects. The team is also responsible for efficiently managing the project (both through Waterfall, Agile methodologies) and also carries out cross-team networking and interactions to remove impediments.
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master to support multiple projects and initiatives under various teams in Wealth Management Technology. As part of this role, the candidate is expected to actively have strong Scrum Master Skills. The candidate will work closely with all the critical stakeholders to successfully steer towards successful project outcomes. The candidate will work on multiple technology projects/ work initiatives supporting the Wealth Management Business. The candidate will work with all the core development teams, other support teams, and drive efficient planning and execution. Understanding business demands will definitely help in informed decisions in all areas of our team. The position offers an interesting mix of business and technical aspects. It is important to stress that strong interpersonal skills and team spirit are required in addition to the ability to proficiently deliver verbal and written communications. This is a team that works extensively with other IT members in all MSWM locations. This job demands strong work ethic and requires extensive hands-on, active participation.
The candidate will work with the MSAS Program and Project Management team, based out of Mumbai, working on various deliveries. This candidate will be reporting to the Program Management lead in Mumbai and work in collaboration with the Dev, QA and other PM/BA teams across global. Candidate will be working on Firm priority programs and Business Reporting Applications and be responsible for program delivery, execution and support. Candidate should be able to work in a dynamic environment with limited or no supervision. Should be comfortable and manage time working with global team on multiple initiatives. Candidate will be able to extract, explore, mine and experiment with data to answer critical business problems and document data flow.
Responsibilities & Skills required
- The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 8 years of program and project management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically while coordinating cross functional teams in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated capabilities in successfully leading enterprise wide programs and projects.
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management
- Management of core functions including business requirements elaboration, systems and process flow analysis, meeting critical milestones and deliverables that are time and scope bound.
- Collaboration across technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within a maturing, Agile PDLC framework.
- Develop and continually revise (in partnership with other teams where necessary) suitable processes and guidelines to ensure appropriate application development standards are available to guide all the participant teams.
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment.
- Build program and project status reporting aligned with enterprise project portfolios.
- Provide transparency to Senior Management with respect to Portfolio issues, risks and recommend/implement strategies for effective and efficient operations.
- Conduct project or program audits to ensure standards and scopes are being met and achieved.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing a body of knowledge that is accessible to all team members. Ensure information regarding any program and project related activities or issues are available and easily accessible.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. JIRA
- Identify and analyze opportunities and make tactical/strategic recommendations
- Deep skills in program management tools, including Microsoft Project, Access, Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Hands on project management approach that includes a proven track record of project/program execution
- Plan and conduct relevant meetings with key stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Experience in working on Technology projects related to Financial Services domain.
- Knowledge of Wealth Management, Banking technology & related applications
- Familiarity with Agile - scrum methodology preferred. Kanban is also a plus.