|Published||June 1, 2022|
|Location||Oak Creek, WI|
Ref ID: 04600-0012311932
Classification: Scrum Master
Compensation: $80.75 to $93.50 hourly
Robert Half is seeking an experienced Scrum Master with familiarity working in a well-established Scrum environment. The ideal candidate should show a passion and a history of fostering teams towards relentless improvement and high performance through servant leadership. This role requires your ability to work Hybrid out of Oak Creek, WI. This role requires an in-depth understanding of Safety Critical Industries including Healthcare, Aviation, Public Safety etc. The right person will hit the ground as a sprint and immediately be able to confidently guide the many teams devoted to excellence.
We will not accept third party applicants- please do not submit
This role requires US citizenship or a US residence card.
Scrum Master Position Responsibilities:
• Will be a servant-leader to a team consisting of software and systems engineers.
• Facilitate Scrum events including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospective
• Remove impediments that block the team from completing their work
• Ensure the proper team interactions occur with the Product Owner and the stakeholders for proper alignment – planning, refinement, review
• Coach team members in Agile frameworks as well as project/department process and standards.
• Work with the Product Owner to refine the backlogs and handle new requests
• Foster high performing, consistent, and effective teams by promoting continuous improvement and obtaining product/management team feedback
• Help build a fulfilling and productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
• Ensure committed work is aligned with team performance
• Produce value-added metrics (burn-up, velocity, earned value, etc.) to assist the team and organization leadership in measuring success
• Assist in providing inputs and predicting completion dates for program schedules in a timely fashion
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering from an accredited institution
• 5+ total years of engineering experience including 2+ years of hands-on software development experience and 2+ years of agile development leadership experience, preferably in a Scrum Master role
• Knowledgeable of Scrum and Agile techniques and artifacts (such as the Scrum Guide, definition of done, product backlog items, automated testing, backlog refinement)
• Ability to effectively communicate with management, engineers, and business partners, including the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail
• Strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent residence card holder
• Experience in safety-critical industry
• Familiarity with DO-178 processes
• Experience with low-level software (e.g.: drivers, boot loaders, interrupt-driven architecture)
• Experience with scaled agile frameworks (e.g.: LeSS, SAFe, Nexus, etc.)
• Scrum Master and other Scrum/Agile-related certifications