|Date Posted||September 24, 2020|
SAIC is seeking candidates for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), a Combat Support Agency, who engineers and provides command and control capabilities and enterprise infrastructure, to continuously operate and assure a global net-centric enterprise which directly supports joint warfighters, national level leaders, and other mission and coalition partners across the full spectrum of operations.
The SAIC team will help provide software development support and expertise for the unclassified and classified portals DISA Store Front (DSF) in NIPRNet and SIPRNet hosted environments. This includes providing support and expertise for: DISA Service Catalog, order entry and management capabilities for DISA services, process workflow automation, SDE automation, System Integrations, transactions occurring between systems, notifications, and reporting capabilities. DSF employs an Agile development methodology and will use JIRA to support their efforts.
An effective Scrum Master is a team-based servant leader who:
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership – Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset. Helps the team embrace Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles, and implement SAFe practices.
- Supports the team rules – Responsible for reinforcing Agile team rules. These may include the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed on.
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals – The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. They help the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement – Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective. Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
- Facilitates meetings – Facilitates all team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Supports the Product Owner – The Scrum Master helps the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Eliminates impediments – Many blocking issues will be beyond the team’s authority or may require support from other teams. The Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration.
- Promotes SAFe quality practices – SAFe provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD). The Scrum Master helps foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams.
- Builds a high-performing team – Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; helps individuals and teams through personnel changes.
- Protects and communicates – Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Responsibilities on the train – The Scrum Master helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps the team operate well on the train.
- Coordinates with other teams – The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, and they pass information from that meeting back to the team. They often coordinate with the System Team, User Experience, Architecture, and Shared Services.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for Agile Release Train (ART) events – Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt.
- Supports estimating – Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities.
- Bachelors and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Scrum Master Certification
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience with either Kanban or Scrum Delivery
- SAFe Scrum Master certification or any SAFe certification. Experience with JIRA.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.