|Date Posted||October 22, 2020|
1. SAFe experience
2. 5 years of Scrum Master experience (preferably in Banking)
3. Jira experience
The Scrum Master serves as the liaison between the business and the software engineering team. This role helps scrum teams reach peak productivity by facilitating Scrum ceremonies, assisting the Product Owner with maintaining a healthy and actionable backlog, identifying and addressing and resolving roadblocks, tracking progress, and identifying and acting on opportunities for continuous improvement. The Scrum Master also plays a critical role in the adoption of Scrum and other agile development practices by the organization.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
* Facilitates and monitors the Scrum process from initiation through delivery
* Serve as a liaison between the product owners and development team to ensure that all targets and requirements are met
* Maintains product backlog
* Removes or addresses process impediments
* Mentoring and coaching Scrum teams to instill agile values and principles and lead by example
* Facilitating productivity by removing impediments team will encounter, mediating through conflicts, helping team to make decisions and adhering to continuous improvement principles
* Coordinating across other agile teams for complex projects
* Managing Scrum process and passing it to the team as self-organization matures
* Driving adoption of engineering practices and best coding practices
* Leveraging data to measuring & monitoring progress (Burndown charts etc..as being used by the organization)
* Everything you will find necessary to increase the development effectiveness.
* Helping teams adhere to the best engineering practices and the Definition of Done.
* Facilitate team's self-organization and growth
* Facilitate communication and improve transparency, remove impediments the team will encounter
* Track and communicate team progress, as well as sprint or release progress
* Organize and facilitate Scrum events such as daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint reviews, planning and retrospectives
* Prepare for all scrum events to help drive efficiency during the events
* Encourage discussion, conflict resolution, alternatives or different approaches
* Help mitigate distractions and increase the team's focus
* Be an active part of the Scrum Master community within company and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline
* Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
* Review and confirm the appropriate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals are assigned
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
* Build, develop, and grow any partner relationships vital to the success of the project
* Working understanding of Scaled Agile and Lean Practices
* Overall 7+ years of IT working experience in SDLC processes
* Must have excellent interpersonal, relationship, communication and negotiating skills
* Ability to build relationships across the enterprise with Lines of Businesses, Technology, and Business where relevant
* Takes ownership of day to day issues and escalations and brings issues to resolution
* Experience in working in large global complex matrix organizations
* Minimum 5-7 years of Scrum Master experience
* Candidate must have Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification from Scrum Alliance or Scrum.org etc…
* Previous experience in project management
* Previous banking experience
* Experience with Atlassian Jira
* Experience writing JQL
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.