|Date Posted||November 17, 2020|
The candidate will interacts with scrum team members, multiple business partners, and program staff to coordinate delivery across multiple working teams. As a Scrum Master, the role will continue to require ongoing interactions inside and outside the organization. The person currently does not have direct reports and will not in the proposed role.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to self-organize
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog, release planning and sprint planning
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM, SAFe SM(SSM))
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
- Experience as a part of an Agile Release Trains as part of a Scalable Agile Framework (SAFe) Program. Experienced in using Jira to run individual Release Trains, AgileCraft a plus.
- Experience with "training on the run" for team members that are new to Agile and require help across people, process and tools.Microsite Office Suite, JIRA, SharePoint, Teradata/Oracle DB, Clarity