|Date Posted||November 22, 2020|
Job Title: Scrum Master
Department: ERP Systems
Reports To: Manager, ERP Systems
EEO/FLSA Status: Exempt
Skanska US is beginning to embark on a Lean-Agile transformation for technology-related initiatives, and this person will play a critical role in rolling out the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and the Lean-Agile mindset across the organization.
As a Scrum Master, you will coach, motivate, and remove impediments from long-standing teams, cultivate an environment of continuous learning and improvement, organize and lead recurring project ceremonies, support the triage, elevation, and closure of critical issues, foster collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams, provide frequent and effective communications to cross-functional teams, and serve as an information radiator about Lean-Agile values and best practices throughout the organization.
What You’ll Do:
Scrum Masters are practitioners of the Lean-Agile mindset and subject matter experts in best-practice project management techniques.
Lead Lean-Agile Projects [90%, Primary Responsibility]
• Serve as a project team leader, consistently removing roadblocks and leading by example.
• Build trusting and safe project environments where problems can be raised without fear of retribution, with an emphasis on doing the right things rather than doing things right.
• Support Product Owners and Project Team Members in their quest to continuously improve how they deliver value and high-quality products to customers.
• Organize and lead recurring project ceremonies, such as daily standups, release planning workshops, sprint planning sessions, and sprint reviews and retrospectives.
• Support team members in triaging, elevating, and closing critical project issues.
• Facilitate project delivery, teamwork, and conflict resolution without coercion or dictation.
• Foster collaborative and transparent relationships with project teams and stakeholders.
• Provide consistent and effective communications to project teams and stakeholders.
• Elevate major risks and opportunities to leadership in a clear and consistent manner.
• Socialize team wins and lessons learned with leadership and project stakeholders.
• Coach project teams and stakeholders through how to leverage Lean-Agile values and best practices in a manner that is comfortable, sustainable, and mutually beneficial.
• Meet with project stakeholders in person, including up to 25% travel.
Continuing Education [10%]
• Complete at least one (1) continuing education opportunity every quarter.
• Attend at least one (1) internal knowledge sharing workshop every quarter.
• Conduct at least one (1) internal knowledge sharing workshop every year.
We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited university.
• Project Management: CAPM, CompTIA Project+, PMP, or MPM
• Lean-Agile: CSM, PSM, SAFe Agilist, or SAFe Scrum Master
• Change Management: Prosci Change Management Certificate or CCMP
• At least two (2) years of experience managing lean-agile projects
• Experience working with financial and human capital platforms
• Experience successfully prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Experience successfully working with others to achieve shared goals
• Experience successfully managing customer relationships
• Strong understanding of Lean-Agile values, frameworks, and best practices
• Strong understanding of data analytics and business intelligence platforms
• Strong understanding of browsers, desktop environments, information systems, software development processes, system integration processes, and development operations
• Ability to synthesize, visualize and present data in a clear and compelling manner
• Strong understanding of knowledge management platforms and processes
• Passionate about helping customers achieve their desired outcomes
• Passionate about the intersection of construction, technology, and people
• Passionate about delivering successful projects and continuous improvement
• Natural curiosity and a desire to learn from others
• Strong communication and business writing skills
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
• Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
• Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
• Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of customers including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.