|Date Posted||December 24, 2020|
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
We are looking for highly motivated, energetic and highly organized individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. In this role, you will be the team cheerleader/coach driven to do whatever you can to help the team succeed. You'll help establish team metrics such as capacity and throughput so you can track sprint progress and help drive teams to meet their sprint goals. You are well-spoken and a natural leader who enjoys building relationships. You thrive on big challenges and bring high energy and enthusiasm to make things happen and achieve results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Servant leader. Actively serve and support the product owner and delivery team in their quest to meet sprint goals consistently
- Team coach. Lead getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitator. Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution as needed to make sure the team stays aligned and focused on the highest priority
- Navigator. Guide the scrum team on how to use agile/scrum practices and how to get the most out of self-organization
- Reviewer. Assess the team's scrum maturity and coach the team to higher maturity levels at a pace that is welcome, sustainable, and comfortable for the team
- Impediment remover. Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right people to remove the blocker
- Trust creator. Build a trusting and safe environment where team members can raise problems without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, emphasizing healing, and problem-solving
- Communications. Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and cascading information
- Agile and scrum proponent. Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify scrum and agile
- Product champion. Support and educate the product owner, especially for refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog
- Knowledge of budgeting approaches and applying policies and practices to support the planning and administering of a budget
- Vision keeper. Implements the mission, vision, and objectives of the IT governance function
- Summarizes. Describes the key objectives, phases, and deliverables of a current project
- Tooling. Identifies project management tools and requirements within their function
- Prioritization and Impact. Gives examples of critical paths in projects
- Producing results:
- Educates. Teaches the difference between effort and achievement and emphasizes the importance of producing results that matter to the business.
- Encourages Adaptation. Explains the concept of adapting tactics to support changing needs.
- Solves differently. Provides examples of using alternative methods to get things done.
- Simplifies. Describes major budget items in their organization in general terms and lists essential elements of a budget.
- Justifies. Explains the various purposes and uses of budgets and supplies supporting information and justification for significant line items.
- Outlines. Summarizes the budgeting process cycle, necessary inputs, and reporting requirements.
- Application Delivery Process:
- Explains. Describes the specific application methodology and activities in their area.
- Clarifies Roles. Explains the roles and responsibilities of IT and business functions related to application delivery.
- Structures. Identifies significant activities associated with delivering application functionality.
- Synthesizes. Obtains and interprets high-level methodology documentation.
- Financial Responsibilities:
- Stewardship. Ensures program/project budgets are utilized to achieve the stated scope, and the program realizes its benefits.
- Accountability. Raises flags when projects or programs go beyond budget, schedule, or quality and takes responsibility for financial implications and cost of systems and services.
- Knowledgeable. Intermediate understanding of accounting rules for expense and capital activities.
- Efficiency. Ensures cost-effective use of staff and non-labor resources.
- Big Picture. Solid understanding of IT estimation activities that may lead to large/complex estimation activities.
- Optimization. Responsible for defining optimization opportunities to manage expenses.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Master of JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Second or Third Level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- At least 2 years of experience in software development delivery with at least 1 year of dedicated full-time Scrum Master experience in software development.
- Has a proven track record of successfully growing and maturing teams and/or experience leading Agile transformations.
- Is familiar with different agile methodologies including by not limited to Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile.
- Is able to coach and train team members and others on the Scrum framework and related artifacts (user stories, story point estimation, etc.) as well as other agile methodologies to help guide teams to more successful outcomes.
- Embody Scrum values and principles.
- Demonstrates and understands what specific Lean/Agile/Tools/Techniques/Principles to best apply, based on Team needs, environment and constraints.
- Displays a 'continuous learning' mindset; always seeking to expand lean/agile knowledge and experience.
- Capable of leading distributed and remote teams.
- Hold the Team accountable to the agreements they set and the commitments they make.
- Socialize and discuss team dashboards (burn ups, burn downs, etc.) always driving continuous improvement
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Experience in applying Scrum patterns and techniques (like Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Accountable for coordinating cross-team dependencies and removing impediments (blockers) so teams can deliver products predictably.
- Problem solve through delivery challenges, lead prioritization discussions and help keep teams focused on delivering highest priorities.
- Help the Product Manager/Owner manage their backlog effectively and maintain 3-sprints of dev ready features
- Facilitate getting the work done and setting work and reporting standards for delivery teams.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Help to establish a culture of collaboration where teams are willing to try new ideas without fear of failure.
- Support Delivery Lead with all aspects of PI Planning including making sure teams are ready for planning, story mapping, identifying cross-team dependencies, facilitating planning activities, creating a program board, etc.
- Drive teams to deliver on commitments and lead through delivery challenges
- Facilitate ongoing team planning activities and cross-team scrum ceremonies
- Hire, train, coach and mentor a team of scrum masters
- Partner closely with other leads (Product, Engineering, QA and Architect) to stay aligned on priorities, team health and tracking to program goals
- Provide regular program updates to ensure team, stakeholders and leadership stays connected to what's in progress, what's coming up and any risks or blockers
- Experience working in scaled agile environment
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year
- Embody servant leadership
- Strong skills in: Facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, team- empowerment, and building a transparent culture
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience with Atlassian or related software and tools
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment