|Date Posted||January 16, 2021|
Position Title: Scrum Master
Position Number: 356247
Location: Boston, MA 02210
Position Type: Long Term Contract
Required Skill Set:
Agile, Data Warehouse, SCRUM
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Contract: 6+ months
Location: Boston, MA (REMOTE INITIALLY)
Job Description Summary:
Our ideal Scrum Master candidate is proficient in handling long-term software development projects involving multiple disciplines and geographies. The Scrum Master can work independently as a servant leader, coaching scrum teams in scrum and agile practices, while managing several scrum teams simultaneously. As a servant leader, the ScrumMaster will remove obstacles for the team, manage risks and issues, ensuring escalation at the appropriate time. The Scrum Master will ensure that all ceremonies are held, and that the tasks and documentation associated with the project is up to date and developed. The team culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using new technologies for data driven decision making combined with the work/life balance provided by client are among the core reasons people enjoy working at client. An understanding of tools such as Jira, Confluence, Teams and GSuite will be an advantage.
cleint has recognized the importance of an Enterprise Privacy, Data and AI Governance program and we are looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual with strong servant leadership and Scrum Master background to join this Enterprise Privacy, Data and AI Governance team within the Enterprise Technology Experience organization. The team embodies a culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, and using new technologies all in support of a culture of innovation and collaboration.
Objectives of the role:
• Drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problem(s) and benefit(s)
• Deliver project/s objectives on-time, with quality, within scope and budget
• Develop, manage, monitor and report on all project/s tasks, activities, expectations, controls and deliverables; and provide management status at required cadence.
• Understand, apply, promote and contribute to Agile delivery methodologies, standards and tools
• Demonstrate proven capability to be disciplined and flexible at the same time
• Collaborate with product owner and provide input into and/or influence business strategies and direction that determine and shape projects
• Supply accurate project estimates, using expertise to influence overall design and estimation processes
• Identify resources issues and constraints and actively manage resource plan; coordinate across teams and with other project managers / scrum masters
• Remain focused on big picture and prioritize competing responsibilities, while also managing daily team tasks in Jira.
• Understand, apply, promote and contribute to MassMutual delivery methodologies, standards and tools
• Provide solutions and continuous improvement opportunities to efficiently solve problems and provide critical thinking skills
• Gain recognition as a trusted advisor / leader with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across business and IT
• Listen and effectively communicate with clarity, precision and transparency
• Naturally lead and command authority; influence and inspire across a matrixed organization (i.e. without control or positional authority)
• Hold self and project team accountable for outcome
• Remove barriers to enable project team to complete objectives no matter how difficult; drive and influence decisions
• Proactively coach and mentor team members within your organization and across the enterprise
• Effectively negotiate priorities and solutions
• Drive lessons learned and knowledge retention for future use
• Bachelor's degree
• 1-2 years of Agile software development project delivery experience required (Scrum Master certification preferred)
• 5-7 years project management experience
• Experience with data governance, privacy and compliance a plus.
• Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
• Experience in SAFe agile processes
• Financial services experience
• Bachelor's Degree