|Date Posted||January 29, 2021|
LEAVE YOUR MARK ON A BETTER WORLD.
COLLABORATE WITH AMAZING PEOPLE.
MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN.
At North Highland, we believe in doing great things together. With you. With our clients. With a perspective on actions today that shape tomorrow. As the world’s most innovative, collaborative consulting group, we’ve built a space to share ideas like never before. Do you have the skills, passion and commitment to transform industries for the better? Think you can bring your A-game every day? If so, join us. We like big thinkers with action on the brain…
The Scrum Master will have the ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives under a minimal amount of supervision. This individual will provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills to the agile development process and delivery of applications, as well as enforcing the agile tenants, removing impediments and promoting empowerment.
The Scrum Master will be working with 3 Teams: Application, Transformation (new initiatives), and Legacy enterprise (large applications).
This position is contract to hire and can be virtual.
- Be creative in helping teams embrace agile principles while encouraging growth both individually and as a team
- Understand the difference between Agile and Scrum and be able to articulate it
- Provide team(s) with resources, information, communication, and practical advice to enable the team to regularly deliver high quality working software
- Facilitates the daily scrum (stand-up), release and sprint planning sessions, sprint review (demo) and sprint retrospective and ensures all participants understand the ceremony's purpose and keep to the time-box
- Track and communicate various metrics per team including velocity and sprint/release progress
- Foster and encourage conversations and collaboration - both inside and outside of team – allowing them to self-organize
- Identify and remove impediments - help prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goals
- Understand and be able to articulate strategic and product planning goals in the division and team's environment plus progress toward them
- Supports Product Owner(s) ensuring the product backlog is properly refined – prioritizing to maximize value and using creative techniques for elaborating user stories to be ready for the upcoming 1-2 sprints
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story definition, story selection, task definition
- Ensure team understands the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items and achieve this through techniques such as user story slicing and acceptance criteria
- Proactively manage dependencies
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Participate in the agile community both internal to Assurant and external with other practitioners
- Enforces the values and principles of Agile by focusing on continuous learning and feedback loops
Required skills and experience:
- SAFe experience preferred
- Scrum Master certification
- Excellent communication / soft skills
- 3-5 years experience as a Scrum Master
- Bachelor's Degree required
North Highland makes change happen for organizations who dare to be different. By melding workforce, customer and operational transformation, they are one of the world’s leading consulting groups, with 65+ offices around the globe. They break new ground today so tomorrow is easier to explore.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.