|Date Posted||February 7, 2021|
The Scrum Master role uses Agile processes, partnering with Product Owner/Client leadership teams and working with project teams to deliver on-time and on budget. This position will work in a SAFe environment using Scrum principles to understand and execute resolution of backlog items by working closely with the Product Owner(s) and the project team(s), making sure deliverables reflect requirements and on-time delivery with production quality. The Scrum Master plays a key role in resolving business and team conflicts with active involvement in technical matters and finding gaps and ensuring Product Owner involvement in business decisions and description of the business flow. The Scrum Master must demonstrate a high level of expertise in estimating work effort, planning sprint backlogs, facilitating daily stand up meetings, and conducting sprint demo and retrospective meetings throughout all Agile sprint phases for this custom software development project.
- Guide program managers using Agile in a large program that includes multiple Agile teams, releases, and projects that operate in parallel (e.g., Scrum of Scrums).
- Demonstrate breadth and depth of experience in the tools and techniques of the SAFe Agile Framework, including a proven track record of continuous improvement in knowledge and implementation of Agile methods.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how to implement architecture in an Agile environment, how to combine the use of component and feature teams, and how to coordinate multiple teams when managing Agile software development for large-scale enterprise development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the constraints and ability to apply means and methods to overcome these constraints when implementing Agile in a federal contracting environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience leading Agile/SCRUM teams and release planning and management on an Agile continuous delivery pipeline
- One or more Agile certification(s) such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Agile Certified Professional (ACP), or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), or SAFe Agilist (SA)
- Possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator's license
- Background check required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of compliance and risk management frameworks, including experience to identify and mitigate risks.
- Knowledge and experience with multiple Agile delivery frameworks (e.g., Kanban, Scrum, XP, Lean, SAFe, DevOps).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to analyze system functionality with customer and resolve production issues.
- Ability to analytically address complex problems, process critical data, establish facts, and draw quality conclusions.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or do on-call support.
- Ability to work well under pressure with some tight deadlines and ambiguity on some projects.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC