|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master at our Richfield, MN location (currently remote) on our Web Mobile Team. The position will be responsible for working with teams on the delivery of a large, major and highly important initiatives which will span multiple years and has many challenges to keep the most inquisitive mind busy. The Scrum Master plays a critical role as a facilitator, coach and servant leader in IS & T development initiatives at Client and is responsible for ensuring agility and continuous improvement of and within their team.
- Facilitate the activities of an Agile software development team encouraging and supporting the teams to self-manage their iterations using a servant-leader management style
- Ensure self-organized team's continuous improvement through monitoring and coaching
- Assist the Product Owner in maintaining a product strategy/roadmap through story mapping and other Agile activities
- Work with the Product Owners and Business Analysts to identify that the product backlog is prioritized and refined to the appropriate level to start and continue development iterations
- Schedule and facilitate all Scrum team ceremonies including release and sprint planning, backlog refinement, daily standups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Remove impediments for the team(s) and escalate issues as appropriate
- Actively contribute to the company scrum community through participation in the internal Scrum Master Community of Practice
- Develop team members through coaching and by fostering a positive work environment
- Proactively identify risks and dependencies and escalate with Product Owner and leadership as necessary
- Collaboratively partner with various levels throughout the organization to achieve goals and remove impediments
- Responsible for collecting and preparing metrics such as the teams capacity, velocity, burndown rate, and health on an ongoing basis
- Assist with deployment and release planning and if necessary coordinate across multiple teams
- Consistently advocate for great agile/iterative development practices within the organization
- Produce and deliver reports which convey team performance and value gained
- Understand the fundamentals of Agile and iterative development
- Ability to manage multiple, ongoing initiatives as needed
- Expert facilitator and collaborator
- High energy, effective leader with the attitude of empowerment and ability to lead their team to self-organization
- Experience as a Scrum Master for 5+ years with a software development team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in a continuous deployment environment
- Scrum Master Certification or equivalent training
- Certified Scrum Professional or Coach Certification
- 4 year degree in a related field
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Etc.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today!
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
• Bi-weekly payroll
• Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
• 401k plan
• Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
• Delivery Director for employee success and support
• Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”