|Date Posted||March 30, 2021|
We have an immediate need for a Scrum Master with our client in the Financial Services Industry. This is a 12 month contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Charlotte, NC. Please review the below job description and contact me ASAP.
- The Scrum Master is a key resource on an Agile team that Facilitates and monitors the Scrum process from project initiation through delivery.
- The Scrum Master serves as a liaison between the product owners and development team to ensure that all targets and requirements are met and ensures a backlog is created and maintained.
- Removes or addresses process and technical impediments
- Mentors and coaches Scrum teams to instill agile values and principles and lead by example
- Facilitating productivity by removing impediments team will encounter, mediating through conflicts, helping team to make decisions and adhering to continuous improvement principles
- Coordinating across other agile teams for complex projects
- Managing Scrum process and passing it to the team as self-organization matures
- Driving adoption of engineering practices and best coding practices
- Leveraging data to measuring & monitoring progress (Burndown charts etc..as being used by the organization) to increase the development effectiveness
- Helping teams adhere to Definition of Ready and the Definition of Done.
- Facilitate team's self-organization and growth
- Facilitate communication and improve transparency
- Track and communicate team progress, as well as sprint or release progress
- Organize and facilitate Scrum events such as daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint reviews, planning and retrospectives
- Prepare for all scrum events to help drive efficiency during the events
- Encourage discussion, conflict resolution, alternatives or different approaches
- Help mitigate distractions and increase the team's focus
- Be an active part of the Scrum Master community within company and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Review and confirm the appropriate resources and participants needed to achieve project goals are assigned
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Build, develop, and grow any partner relationships vital to the success of the project
- Working understanding of Scaled Agile and Lean Practices