|Location||Grand Rapids charter Township, MI|
|Date Posted||April 2, 2021|
Scrum Master Job Summary:
A faith-based global ministry in Grand Rapids is seeking Scrum Master to plan, initiate, and manage IT projects while leading and guiding the work of technical staff. This individual will also serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects; plan project stages; assess business implications for each stage; and monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
Scrum Master Responsibilities:
- Scrum master is responsible to facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source
- Needs to be expert in estimation and planning. Know how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices. Should be able to coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Help team or individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them
- Ability to shield her/his team from outside distractions and interferences
- Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process
- Ability to track and remove impediments
- Facilitate her/his team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology
- Responsible to remove the impediments for the scrum team
- Arranged daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process
- Helps product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Responsible to conduct retrospective meetings
- Organizes and facilitates the sprint-planning meeting
Scrum Master Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, management, or a related field
- Strong working knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of Scrum theory rules and practices
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Excellent interpersonal skills to including coaching the team to how to follow agile scrum
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand her/his team needs
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices
- Servant leadership style to guide and coach others while working alongside them
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development
- Send Heather your resume: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Give our office a call: 616.608.9678 (direct) or 616.608.96981 (main)
Location: Grand Rapids –SE Side
Position Type: Direct Hire
Pay: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
What Makes Specialized Recruiting Group, an Express Employment Professionals Company, Different?
Specialized Recruiting Group, an Express Employment Professionals company, is proud to serve the West Michigan business community with a full offering of recruiting, training, and human resource services. Since we opened our doors, we have focused on not only helping companies find top talent, but also helping them develop and retain talent.
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit: https://www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMISRG/Job-Seekers/Job-Openings.aspx