|Date Posted||April 4, 2021|
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a scrum master to work in Fidelity’s Brokerage Technology Group in Smithfield, RI
Scrum Master Job Description
As a Scrum Master, you’ll be a part of a highly collaborative, cross-functional Scrum team within FI. You’ll advise and lead the squads on Agile values, practices and processes to ensure that the squad is fully functional, productive, and focused on the sprint goal.
This Scrum Master role is part of a team within the Scrum Master Chapter supporting the Platform Digitization of Services Tribe. The Digitization of Service tribe is charged with delivering industry-leading end to end onboarding and service experiences for home offices, advisors, and investors to simplify their engagement with Fidelity Custody and Clearing (FCCS). The Client Configuration and deployment squad is the single point of contact for new Account Opening consumers; the squad is accountable for up-front client needs consulting and subsequent deployment and configurations of all aspects of the Account Opening platform to Fidelity Custody and Clearing customers and 3rd party.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- A 4 year Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), at minimum, with 3-5 years of experience running Scrum Teams
- Strong understanding of and experience with Agile practices, processes, and artifacts
- Practical and related experiences in leading agile teams, including Scrum@Scale.
The Purpose of Your Role
Scrum Masters, will work directly in a squad and alongside other Tribe Squads to advise and oversee performance against agile values, practices and processes to deliver what matters most to our business, our clients and our people. Working with the squad leader (or product owner), you will support the work of the squad through the 3-5-3 of Agile Scrum by maintaining the backlog and facilitating agile ceremonies like stand ups, sprint planning and retrospectives. Monitor team performance through the squad’s health dashboards and help identify continuous improvement opportunities to help the team work better and smarter.
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to influence behavior without having organizational hierarchy
- Your strong change management skills
- Ability to brainstorm with the team on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks
- Your excellent communication and people-interaction skills
- Your organized and disciplined nature
- Your continuous improvement Agile mindset
The Value You Deliver
- Encouraging Agile behaviors, reinforcing practices, norms, ceremonies, and supporting the overall Squad performance and efficiency
- Identifying team improvement opportunities and looking externally for best practices to support continuous improvement
- Managing and coordinating logistics for Agile ceremonies and practices, e.g., backlog maintenance, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Ensuring all work is tracked in the backlog and accurately balanced across team members
- Maintaining and updating the Squad's process metrics and artifacts to ensure accurate and transparent communications to stakeholders
- Driving a collaborative and encouraging team culture through team building and engagement practices
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Everyone craves a way of working that empowers them to unleash their best work and encourage better futures for more people. Our way of working will enable you to deliver what matters most to our business, our clients and our people. By being wired for speed and innovation with support, mentor, and a regular dose of inspiration, your skill sets will be applied to our aligned initiatives providing you the opportunity to quickly make a difference in our customers’ lives.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.