|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
NWN Corporation is an established leader in technology-enabled services, transforming the customer experience for commercial, enterprise and public sector organizations through its solution-as-a-service platform. With over 1,300 customers throughout the U.S., NWN provides a unified customer experience with integrated offerings for unified communications, security, contact center, DaaS (device-as-a-service), connectivity and advanced technology solutions.
NWN is looking for a Scrum Master to join our team. This is a full time position with full benefits.
This is a REMOTE opportunity!!
The Scrum Master role is responsible for using Agile processes to facilitate development and operational support of software solutions and guide the scrum team(s) to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote collaboration, accountability, and iterative progress.
This role is a key position as part of the application teams which architect, design, develop, test, deploy, and support both customer facing and internal solutions and their data. The application teams leverages DevOps philosophies, practices, and tools to increase the team's ability to deliver applications and services quickly, while evolving and improving the solutions and products.
This role works with internal teams, and at times implementation partners, ensuring project deliverables are achieved and knowledge is transferred effectively to business users and customers as appropriate.
Scope of Role Responsibilities
Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures teams work together effectively to meet and business and customer expectations.
- Guides the scrum team(s) to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote collaboration, accountability, and iterative progress.
- Facilitates and be accountable for the Scrum and/or Scaled Agile processes for the scrum team(s).
- Facilitates identifying work, estimating, and planning.
- Assists team in prioritizing and ensure tasks are on target to meet delivery commitments.
- Identifies and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Proactively addresses impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers.
- Facilitates the scrum process on scrum teams with cross-functional impacts involving project, non-project, or operational maintenance work.
- Coaches scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile methodology while following the application SDLC process to ensure requirements are met and quality achieved.
- Proactively encourages work updates for status, work notes, testing, to facilitate team communications.
- Communicates delivery of work product from the scrum team(s).
Additional job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains projects in ServiceNow for time tracking, approving time, and reporting time billing customers when appropriate for the project.
- Assist in operational maintenance of development, test and production environments.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.