|Date Posted||April 16, 2021|
We are assisting a well-known organization here in Birmingham in their efforts to find an experienced Scrum Master!
This person will be responsible for leading Agile Teams with Scrum processes, standup meetings, reporting, troubleshooting, and problem resolution to effectively manage project related to new business, product initiatives or operational implementations.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- The Scrum Master will ensure project results meet established requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule, and cost.
- You will monitor performance and recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions.
- This role will solve problems throughout the life of the project and tries to resolve problems during the design and planning phases when possible.
- The Scrum Master will oversee and coordinate any work performed by outside vendors and provide timely and accurate information of status updates to project sponsors and management.
- This person must come with the experience of running a project in Agile (Scrum methodologies).
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Prior Scrum Master experience is required, CSM certification is a plus.
- A confident written and verbal communicator who had demonstrated the ability to share ideas and influence others, removing barriers and improving organizational effectiveness.
- Experience facilitating daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings.
- Computer literate experienced with Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Highly organized with the ability to plan and prioritize tasks as well as clarify goals and actions to achieve tasks.
- Ability to ensure the correct use of the scrum process.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, user stories, etc.
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- JIRA/Confluence experience preferred.