|Date Posted||April 18, 2021|
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
The Scrum Master is an essential member of the Digital Program Management Office (DPMO) and will report to the Digital Program Manager and DPMO Lead. The Scrum Master is a leader, a mentor and coach. The Scrum Master is responsible for taking an active servant-leadership role, ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices. The key is to proactively remove impediments and act as a buffer between the team and process overhead, effectively enabling each team member to focus on agile product development execution and delivery. This role is pivotal to facilitate speed-to-market for high quality products and/or services by shielding the team from interruptions and removing obstacles.
- Utilizes a servant leadership style to support the product owner and delivery team wherever and whenever possible (e.g. grooming and backlog mgt.)
- Effectively facilitate all scrum ceremonies across one or more scrum teams
- Provide coaching and mentoring of agile values, principles and best practices
- Collaborate closely with the Product Management team to understand strategic alignment
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to ensure the product backlog is continuously prioritized and maintained
- Collaborate with other agile team-of-teams Scrum Masters to ensure cross-functional iteration dependencies are satisfied and best practices are being encouraged across the program
- Facilitates internal and external communications (e.g. task coordination, progress tracking/reporting, dependency management)
- Tracks and resolves impediments for the team
- Generates Team level Reports to promote ever-improving team dynamics and performance
- Participate in DPMO operations objectives including process improvements, release preparation and periodic program reporting
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Certified SAFe® Practitioner (SP) (Preferred)
- Certified SAFe® Agilist (SA), Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Skilled in servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, enabling team-level empowerment and increasing transparency across the program
- 3 - 5 years professional experience as a Scrum Master or Senior Project Manager
- 3 - 5 years of experience with Agile tools and technologies (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge of applying design thinking concepts in an agile product delivery environment
- Project Management Office (PMO) experience
- Digital agency or Big Four consultancy preferred
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (for example: Kanban, Burndown/Burnup techniques, Retrospective formats)
- Experience with geographically distributed teams
- Collaborative style of working with the ability to be firm yet flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Empathic listening
- Change Agent