|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
ECS is seeking a Scrum Master to work in our Fairfax, VA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS is seeking a Scrum Master to work in our Fairfax, VA office supporting the prototype development and deployment of intelligent automated solutions or a DoD customer.
We are a rapidly growing company that considers our employees and teams to be our most important assets. Our team environment provides opportunities for growth to individuals who are motivated to excel. We are situated in Merrifield, VA -- well positioned for most commutes within the Northern Virginia area. Our newly renovated office spaces are first in class facilitating a teamwork environment. We also offer opportunities for telework and have some of the most interesting advanced IT business in the DC area. Our growing program works with the most forward leaning technologies and extraordinary customers who are thought and action leaders in within the AI/ML domain. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package to the right person for this key position.
This position will ensure Scrum theory, practices, and rules are understood and enacted. The Scrum Master will support multiple applications with different team members within a fast-paced application development environment while adhering to Scrum principles. S/he will lead complex large scale and/or enterprise-wide Agile programs and coordinate with various program support teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of medium to large scale through all sprints/iterations and phases of the project
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other agile related events
- Track and communicate team metrics and sprint/release progress to all teams and management
- Facilitates the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog
- Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core agile principles
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Assist with internal and external communication
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams to deliver assigned goals
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful implementation and support
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams to stabilize velocity
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters experimentation, creativity, and innovation
- Ability to communicate, influence, and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related business field
- Scrum Master Certification and/or SAFe practices
- (5) years' experience leading projects under Agile/Scrum
- (2) years' experience with Confluence, JIRA, or SharePoint technologies in a production DoD environment
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Strong understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
- Experience managing complex large-scale enterprise IT projects
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised and collaboratively with other Scrum Masters, architects, technical leads, business analysts, software developers, and client product owners
- Previous federal experience
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.