|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
Ascendo Resources is seeking a Scrum Master for an immediate 12+ month opportunity with a premiere client in the travel and tourism industry.
Position: Scrum Master/ PM
Contract length : 12+ months
Start date : ASAP
Location: Remote okay for now but will need to be onsite in several months in DORAL, FL
· Servant Leader with skilled in partnering with cross functional teams to drive enterprise Application Development Projects, including full lifecycle projects
· 2+ years of Scrum leadership experience driving cross functional teams through complex ENTERPISE projects following Scrum framework and Agile methodology- TRUE SERVANT LEADER
· 5 years a IT PM experience, focusing more app dev projects
· Experience with ecommerce applications highly preferred.
· Travel and tourism experience highly preferred
· Will work on mission critical initiatives for Security and Compliance – example, getting contracts through legal with tickets
· Mostly will work with 2 app teams, some interaction with business. The Business unit they work with is kind of picky so they need good communication
· Day to day – Scrum ceremonies, business communication, manage budget, manage processes, chase things down, help team, organize. Example of helping team – someone comes to them with an environmental issue and this person will have to know to go to support to get it resolved.
· Will be working with 2 app teams that focus on ecommerce projects
Upcoming projects: Return to ops software – temp checks, validating vaccine and medical, getting to sign up for things on the cruise ships
Full Job Description:
· Searching for a highly motivated Scrum Master to providing effective leadership, collaboration, facilitation and coaching skills supporting our Ecommerce applications. You will be responsible for providing guidance in following scrum methodology, removing impediments from the team while promoting self-management.
· Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meeting.
· Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
· Educate and document agile development methodologies, standards, best practices, policies and procedures.
· Ensure development teams are following agile principles (collaboration, team accountability and visibility).
· Assist the product owners in prioritization of backlog items.
· Maintain effective communications with product owners to coordinate and collaborate in the attainment of corporate objectives.
· Work with product team to identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions, facilitate discussions, prevent distractions and self-organize.
· Demonstrated knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
· Excellent meeting facilitation, organizational and communication skills·
· Ability to interact well with all levels with the organization·
· Excellent problem solving/analytical skills with a high level of accuracy· Ability to work flexible hours as needed to complete projects· Ability to provide leadership, clear direction, and mentoring to· Product Owners and Development Teams.