|Date Posted||May 25, 2021|
Corporate Information Systems
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to turn your IT expertise into customer solutions?
The feeling is mutual
• Lead multiple scrum teams on complex initiatives.
• Oversee scrum processes and coach interdepartmental teams while promoting the use of Scrum and Agile best practices and methodology.
• Facilitate transparency and adoption of Scrum.
• Organize and facilitate Agile ceremonies, coach team on identifying improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality, while mitigating risk and dependencies.
• Use agile methods to track and communicate overall team progress.
• Remove or facilitate removal of impediments to progress as identified by the team. As well as protect the team from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused on team and business priorities.
• Partner with the Product Owner to ensure the backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for the team.
• Demonstrate strong servant leadership skills through behaviors and coaching.
• Actively engage with Scrum Masters, Talent Managers and other leaders to continuously assess and improve the Agile practice and Agile maturity across programs and the CIS organization at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable.
• Attend training and/or industry seminars as appropriate, to stay abreast of current technologies, trends and directions.
• Coach and mentor other Scrum Masters to encourage consistent, core best practices across the teams.
• Pursue professional designations, such as Advanced Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Practitioner – Scrum Master, if not previously accredited.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Minimum of 3 years of Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
• Able to make timely decisions and solve problems in a fast paced, high expectation environment.
• Comfortable with risk and uncertainty.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
• Relate well to others, easy to approach and quickly builds relationships.
• Capable of effectively breaking down, prioritizing, scoping length and difficulty and managing multiple competing tasks.
• Working knowledge of Agile techniques: User Stories, Ceremonies, Burn-down Metrics, Velocity etc.
• Works independently, showing judgement and initiative in order to accomplish job duties.
• Proficient in use of MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Capable of leading multiple scrum teams.
• Domain knowledge and/or experience in the insurance industry preferred.
• Experience with agile tools such as Jira and Confluence a plus.
• Professional designations – CSM, A-CSM or CSP-SM designation preferred.
Perks and Benefits:
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
• Generous leave programs including paid parental bonding leave
• Medical, dental, vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance
• Generous retirement benefits
• Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
• Relocation assistance may apply
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.