|Date Posted||May 29, 2021|
***No third-party candidates, corp-to-corp, H1-B will be accepted.***
Title: Scrum Master
Location: Greater Phoenix Area, Arizona
Schedule: Hybrid of remote and on-site
Model: Initial contract with the ability to convert to a full-time employee
About the Client:
Our client is a well-established company in the financial industry with annual revenue of over 40 million dollars and over 800 employees with offices in the Phoenix, Arizona area.
Our client provides product solutions that enable real-time funds for a variety of payment types and networks. Additionally, our client is a fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial spirit offering competitive compensation, and a fun, casual atmosphere filled with opportunity. Come work with a diverse, talented team creating the future of payments!
We are looking for an experienced scrum master to oversee and guide scrum teams. The scrum master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments.
To be successful as a scrum master, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding scrum master should have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Using agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions.
- Training, mentoring and supporting scrum teams to follow agile values, principles, and practices.
- Determining and managing tasks, issues, risks, and action items.
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings, and decision-making processes.
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements.
- Planning and organizing demos and product/system testing.
- Ensuring the proper use of collaborative processes and removing impediments for the scrum team.
- Tracking project processes, deliverables, and financials.
- Preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience as a scrum master or similar role within a highly regulated industry (banking, finance, insurance, etc.)
- 3+ years of working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
- Experience using Confluence and Jira
- Certified scrum master, SAFe preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
Benefits Upon Conversion:
- 401k with company match
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with Flexible Spending Account
- Life & Disability Insurance Options
- Wellness and Health Programs, Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Benefit Program
- Legal and Credit Services
- Animal Insurance
- Charitable Giving Matching