|Date Posted||June 3, 2021|
Provides servant-leadership and mentorship to one cross-functional agile team through effective application of Agile principles and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban and Extreme Programming (XP). Strengthens understanding of effective practices, theories and techniques to support continuous improvement. Educates and coaches the team to create an environment that fosters self-organization, cross-functionality, collaboration, conflict resolution, transparency and continuous improvement. Visualizes, communicates and radiates team information to keep their work and impediments visible to stakeholders.
This role will also support Agile education by contributing to the development and delivery of agile learning to teams and individuals.
- Utilize a broad knowledge base of agile practices including user stories, retrospectives, story mapping, Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration, pairing, information radiators, etc., to help create high performing teams.
- Encourage a continuous improvement culture for individuals within the team, constantly discovering better ways of working, through transparency, collaboration and retrospectives.
- The Scrum Master will facilitate meetings with the team for idea generation, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, backlog refinement, sprint reviews, retrospectives, problem-solving and alignment.
- Scrum Master help the team gain transparency into their workflow through appropriate use of information radiators.
- Address blocking issues that are beyond the team’s authority, or require support from other teams, so the team remains focused on achieving their goals.
- The Scrum Master will work with other Agile leaders to increase the effectiveness of the application of Agile within the organization.
- Assists in the coordination and delivery of Agile education courses, workshops and other learning opportunities.
- Contributes to the development of Agile education materials.
- Seek and host a variety of individual learning opportunities such as communities of practice, conferences, meetups, reading and classroom training.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a member of an agile team, including a minimum of 1 year’s Scrum Master experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a member of an agile team, including a minimum of 1 year’s Scrum Master experience.
#scrum #Agile #servantleader # builder
About M&T Technology:
At M&T Tech, we’re a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We’re not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: We’re an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We’re building an agile team of the most skilled and creative, workers to solve complex problems, architecting solutions, writing high-performance software, and charting our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow’s bank, today
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America