|Date Posted||June 9, 2021|
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Scrum Master to work in Fidelity’s Workplace Investments Stock Plan Services Group in Durham, NC!
We are looking for a Scrum Master who is passionate about Agile and is driven by building high energy teams! As a Scrum Master, you blend deep Scrum expertise with a passion for coaching and constant improvement. You will partner with members on the squad to accelerate value delivery by –
- Supporting the team with their continued agile journey and adoption of the Agile Mentality
- Providing coaching and mentoring to the team
- Being a Servant Leader
- Guiding Scrum and Scrum Practices
- Facilitating Scrum ceremonies
- Helping the team when impediments are raised
- Be a change agent for continuous improvement
You will support the team (and organization) as they mature in their understanding and application of agile values and principles and adoption of frameworks (e.g., Scrum ceremonies) and remove impediments to fully realizing the benefits of working in an Agile format and structure.
You will work directly with the Squad Leader (Product Owner) to support the work of the squad by being a servant leader, facilitating agile ceremonies like stand ups, sprint planning and retrospectives and coaching the team in Agile/ Scrum framework. You will monitor team performance through the squad’s Metrics and help identify continuous improvement opportunities to help the team work better and smarter.
You will support a multi-functional squad, engaging with all members to reinforce and embed the agile mentality and principles into the day-to-day work. By being a role model and promoting Fidelity and agile leadership behaviors, you will create and sustain an innovative agile culture.
The Expertise You Have
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in a scrum master role, preferably in Software Development
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams, Mural, &/or AgileCraft is a plus
- Experience working within a multi-team framework, such as SAFe, Scrum@Scale or LeSS preferred
- Scrum Master responsibilities spanning over 2 teams
- Financial services experience preferred, but not required
The Skills You Bring
- Servant Leader who supports the Team, Squad Lead and Organization
- Empowers others to do their best work
- Ability to unblock the team
- Influence without authority
- Promote Team Building and Celebrating Success
- Conflict Management
- Effective facilitator who can actively listen, remain neutral, ensure all voices are heard and ask open ended questions
- Able to use different tools and techniques for facilitating teams virtually
- You’re an agile enthusiast who can coach and mentor the team and support the Scrum Framework
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- A passion for being Agile over doing Agile
- Ability to manage dependencies across multiple teams
- Use of Metrics to visualize how the team is performing and where they can improve
- A change agent for the team with a continuous improvement approach
- Possess a Lean Agile Approach and continuously look for ways to remove waste
- Possess good communication and people-interaction skills, and can rapidly build trust
- Ability to negotiate and partner with other individuals, teams and organizations on behalf of the team
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
- A habit of asking powerful questions
- Ability to work effectively with geographically dispersed team.
- Organized, disciplined and good time management skills
The Value You Deliver
- A burning desire to build high energy teams
- Working reciprocally with the squad leader to deliver on its mission
- Encouraging behaviors and practices that increase squad performance and effectiveness
- Partnering with agile coaches and Chapter Leaders to identify team improvement opportunities
- Maintaining and updating relevant performance metrics (e.g., burn-down charts) to provide an effective feedback loop to the squad and clarity to other partners
- Facilitating and coordinating logistics for agile ceremonies (e.g., backlog prioritization, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives)
- Supporting adoption, and consistent use of, enabling tools (e.g., Jira)
- Supporting the organization by training new teams on Scrum and other Agile related topics.
- Identifying improvement opportunities and looking externally for modern practices to support continuous improvement
- Ensuring all work is tracked in the backlog and properly balanced across team members
- Driving a collaborative and supportive team culture through team building and engagement practices
- Servant Leader - you are able to garner respect from your team and are willing to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Advocate - you are a team advocate and the agile approach to software delivery
- Communicative and social - you're able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative - Lead and demonstrate value principles to a team
- Situation awareness - must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic - you are high-energy
- Continual improvement - you will continually be growing your craft, learning new techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Conflict resolution - able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment - able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of visibility - desires to bring disclosure and visibility to the business about development and grow business trust
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.