|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
The Scrum Master is passionate about the products and mission while focused on managing complexity through thoughtful software and product design and on new technology initiatives by being the facilitator and coach to our Engineering team through scrum methodology.
- Serve as the owner of Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) software development process
- Manage and facilitate team ceremonies including product planning, product owner syncs, backlog grooming, estimating and sizing efforts, release planning, sprint planning, standups and retrospectives.
- Coach teams and leaders on the use of Agile software development principles, practices, roles and responsibilities.
- Guide product management teams in their role, defining MVP's, developing product charters, product roadmaps, release plans, story mapping, writing stories and backlog prioritization and management
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum teams on removing impediments
- Applying effective techniques for managing team interruptions, and for protecting the team in a sprint
- Development of all team members and continuous development of scrum capabilities
- Validate resource requirements, milestones, and overall project timelines
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 5+ years leading software development practices as a Scrum Master
- 3+ Years experience leading high functioning software development teams delivery
- High aptitude in training and implementing scrum practices
- Embrace the agile mindset, advocate and champion agile across the Technology organization by challenging, coaching, and guiding teams using agile and lean principles
- Ability to utilize agile methods in a flexible manner that often includes traditional project management which can include hard deadlines/fixed dates at times
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and work closely with them to determine solutions
- Advanced technical skills to enable effective developer communication
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with non technical team members to facilitate resolution of contending objectives.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Comfortable in working with matrixed organizations and filling in the gaps of uncertainty.
- Highly professional with the ability to enable the delivery of high quality solutions on time and within scope
- Ability to influence others, implement change and standardize processes in a complex business environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented with decisive judgement skills
- Support the build out of patient portal, automated and processing platform
- Broad and extensive knowledge of scrum-based software development lifecycle strategies
- Extensive knowledge of software development and documentation management tools particularly Jira and Confluence
- Prior experience with software development practices of web and mobile applications
- Ability to create flowcharts, diagrams, and various UML documents
- Scrum master certification is a plus