|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2021|
Scrum Master role within the PMO organization is a dynamic role that exemplifies and promotes Agile Value and Principles across teams within the organization. This role will champion effective Agile/ Scrum practices across teams, while guiding development teams to focus on sprint goals, and help them achieve their highest performance levels to ensure successful project completions. This position will partner with the various teams to facilitate internal communication, foster effective collaboration, and support the management team in communicating with clients and stakeholders to manage expectations.
The ideal Scrum Master is passionate about Agile and thrives in enabling teams to perform at their best by leveraging Agile best practices, is highly motivated and has a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, this is the role for you.
- Assist the Product Owner with keeping the backlog refined and prioritized
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the sprint plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Manage relationships with other component or horizontal teams as necessary for successful product / sprint release
- Proactively identify internal/ external team dependencies, impediments and risks, and other team dysfunctions; and then guide the teams to resolution in a timely fashion
- Resolve conflicts through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, and escalation
- Uphold and defend, as well as support and mentor, agile values and principles as expressed in the Agile Manifesto
- Capable of concurrently managing up to 4 scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work
- Accurately gather relevant metrics, provide status reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs), schedule, resources, and milestone delivery
- Work on PMO initiatives such as Project Cost Estimation workshops
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, IT, or business-related major
- 7+ or more years of technology delivery experience (in a variety of roles)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- 5+ years of professional experience as Scrum Master of technology teams with a demonstrated understanding of software development life cycle models.
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- Highly collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with diverse personality types
- Ability to influence at all levels without straight line authority
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing, fluid and dynamic environment
- Ability to listen, analyze, influence, negotiate and use judgment to solve complex issues in order to accomplish project goals
- Experience with PMO tools such as Smartsheet, Jira and Confluence, etc.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as Continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and other automated acceptance testing techniques is a plus.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V "