|Date Posted||September 2, 2020|
The Scrum Master is a servant leaders and Agile coach who enable their teams to deliver the highest business value to their customer as effectively and efficiently as possible. They accomplish this by coaching and advising their teams as well as the Tribal Council Leadership on desired Scrum processes, procedures, values and interactions as well as opportunities for continuous improvement. Scrum Masters challenge their teams to become self-organizing and accountable while helping them adopt ideal Scrum practices and processes. Scrum Masters help their teams focus on achieving their Sprint goal and assists them to remove impediments or resolve issues outside of their control.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide Agile training and coaching for Scrum teams and leadership to ensure the adoption and improvement of Scrum practices, process and desired outcomes and to establish a culture of self-organizing, cross-functional and accountable teams
• Schedule and facilitate Scrum meetings as required including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum and Sprint Reviews to enable teams to plan and deliver customer value based on the highest priority and the team's available capacity.
• Assist teams to identify, communicate and resolve or escalate impediments and issues; Run interference for non-critical unplanned work that may prevent the team from completing their planned Sprint goal
• Utilize appropriate tools, metrics and techniques to successfully guide the team's progress against the Sprint Plan
• Drive continuous improvement through the facilitation of team and leadership retrospectives, ensuring teams effectively prioritize, plan and execute on improvement ideas
• Help those outside the Scrum teams understand which of their interactions with the Scrum teams are helpful and which ones are not
• Additional duties as assigned
• Education level - Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration/Management.
• 5+ years IS/IT experience required,
• 3+ years Scrum Master experience preferred
• Health Insurance Industry experience preferred
• Possesses an in-depth understanding of agile principles; has a firm understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean and XP)
• Possesses training, coaching, facilitation and collaboration skills to drive adoption of desired Agile mindset and behaviors, open transparency and collaboration and continuous improvement
• Conflict Management, Problem Solving & Decision Making
• Demonstrates Outstanding Interpersonal Communication Skills
• Understands Change Management
• Displays self-awareness and empathy. Motivates, encourages, and empowers others.
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
• Exhibits strong leadership and emotional intelligence. Is outgoing and able to connect with individuals as well as the team as a whole. Motivates, encourages, and empowers others
• Certifications – Certified Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Master 1.
Due to the type of work; US Citizens only
Snapshot of Benefits:
• Health, Dental and Vision insurance
• 401K Plan with a company match
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Flexible Spending Account
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Continuous Training
• Group Life, and Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
Itero Group is an equal opportunity employer.