|Date Posted||September 4, 2020|
Location: Akron, OHSponsorship Available: NoRelocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position
Goodyear is seeking a Scrum Master to join our Digital CoE team to support building and implementing enterprise grade digital solutions. A scrum master is the facilitator for a Digital development team. Scrum is a methodology that allows a team to self-organize and make changes quickly, in accordance with agile principles. The scrum master manages the process for how information is exchanged. They meet with business team members on a regular basis to review what's been accomplished and what still needs to be done. In an era in which software is constantly being updated and flying out the door, the ability to keep everyone connected and communicating, face to face if possible, is critical. A breakdown in communications leads to a breakdown in software. They apply Agile Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Leads the production implementation of product increments and features for a single product.
- Responsible for basic project management activities of low to medium complexity IT project(s), or support project management staff for high quality standards, and meeting customer expectations.
- Removes any impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint goals (internal to the team as well as external, dealing with all cross functional teams as appropriate)
- Creates and maintains process documentation in compliance with defined standards and ensures all project deliverables are in compliance.
- Develop and/or execute text scripts.
- Support and educate Product Owners, especially in regard to developing, refining and managing the product backlog
- Guide and coach team to be self-organizing
- Builds and leverages effective alliances across regional technical and business community
- Understand the values and principles of agile (e.g., value-focused delivery, adapting to change, and continuous improvement
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for one team
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4 + years equivalent work experience in information technology or business environment.
- Minimum of Four (4) years' experience training, coaching and working to build high- performing agile teams preferred.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in managing Agile software development using Azure DevOps, Rally, Jira or similar tools preferred.
- Project management experience with demonstrated scrum master experience preferred.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience and systems development environment experience are preferred.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments in a fast paced, matrixed work environment.
- Customer focused, sensitive to customer needs, their critical business cycles and schedule
- Strong mediation and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate and work well with team co-located across the globe
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to adapt to different tools or processes as the situation requires, and to suggest improvements or alternatives when warranted
- Strong interpersonal skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Nearest Major Market: Akron Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland Job Segment: Project Manager, Technology