|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Scrum Master - IT
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Scrum Master - IT for a contract position in Rochester, MN. Opportunity will be five months with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
Position Summary: The Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. They increase team efficiency, motivate the team, and advocate for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. The ScrumMaster should also have experience in a Scrum Master role for at least two years on a team that diligently applied Scrum principles, practices, and theory is required.
- Guiding scrum teams on scrum practices and values to implement successfully implement critical projects.
- Ability to manage budgets, creates, and gives presentations to appropriate committees.
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the teams and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments and blockers or guiding the team to remove impediments and blockers. Escalating to management when appropriate.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and solved.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, managing dependencies, and radiating information transparently. Including communicating project status and budget.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on creating the product backlog and ongoing backlog refinement.
- PMP certification not required for this position
- Accountable for team effectiveness + continuous improvement
- Teach and facilitates agile principles, team framework, and practices
- Support 1-3 teams depending on team's level of fluency
- Experience working with teams in Healthcare
- Experience with the following tools/technology: MS Teams, AzureDevOps, Aha!, MSPlanner
- Data and Analytics experience and knowledge (Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence)
- Scrum Master Certification (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years experience in Project Management and business related activities or Master's degree with 7 years experience in Project Management. Active (unexpired)Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!